Monday, February 6, 2012

Sooooo....out of touch!

The Anugerah Juara lagu (AJL) was last week. M Nasir must have spent the bulk of his award money by now  to  'belanja' his 'anak buah' His winning composition "Awan Nano" emerged as the Song of the Year.  The best vocal award was also given to the chap who sang the song , "Herman Tino" look-alike, Hafiz.
To tell you he truth, apart from "Awan Nano", Anuar Zain's "Sedetik Lebih" and perhaps Najwa Latif's "Cinta Muka Buku", I was not really familiar with the other competing  nine songs .
I kept on saying to my wife and daughter, "Ayah tak pernah pun dengar lagu ini....".
My daughter replied, " Kan selalu keluar dalam radio dan TV?"
"Yes ,.,,,aaah?", I said. " I need to watch TV more often....I'm soooo, out of touch."
To keep abreast with the Malaysian entertainment scene, especially the latest tunes, I have decided to peruse the internet for names like Alyah, Shila Amzah, Yuna, Aizat, Faizal Tahir's Karma and so on. I have also taken the liberty of downloading certain videos from you tube.

Here is my wif'e's favourite: Beribu Sesalan sung by 3 ladies - Shila Amzah, Ning Baizura and Jac Victor. Their vocal prowess is without doubt among the most awesome in the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment